Graduation 2019

Just to give you a lovely and wonderful introduction as I am writing this special and memorable blog. I will most definitely remember and look back on my graduation. I have graduated with a 2:1 in BA (Hons) Textile Practices degree in Plymouth College of Art. This was where I celebrated everything I have achieved at university, alongside what I have accomplished in my Textiles degree. It took place at the Theatre Royal Plymouth on Sunday 20th October 2019.

My graduation ceremony was in the afternoon, so therefore we went for brunch in the morning to make the most of celebrating graduation day. Before I went to meet my family and my friends at Wetherspoons who were also attending the graduation ceremony, I took a trip to the salon where I got my hair straightened and a bit wavy for the graduation day. My friend from Plymouth met me outside the salon and then walked over with me to Wetherspoons for brunch. Then, we met my family and two other friends who travelled down from Bristol, to attend the graduation ceremony and celebrating graduation with me.




Graduation ceremony - This year the university decided to separate two graduation ceremonies, the morning ceremony was for the school of Arts and Media, while the afternoon ceremony was for the school of Design and Communication. While I was waiting in the queue to get my cap and gown, I had the pleasure to catch up with many friends from university who also graduated that day and everyone looked very smart as per usual dress code (in my case!). Once that was done, I went downstairs and went to find the seat that was allocated to me, before I entered the theatre and waited for the graduation ceremony to begin. The university principal first gave a inspirational speech along with the other honorary fellow awardees, before we all got congratulated by the principal in degree course order. Afterwards, we all went outside to have our class of 2019 photograph taken outside of the Theatre Royal Plymouth and managed to get photos taken with my course mates as well as university friends.

Please feel free to click this link and watch the School of Design and Communication graduation ceremony on vimeo (if you wish): https://vimeo.com/368529215











Professional photographs - After all that happened I met up with my family and friends to get professional photographs taken that I pre-ordered with the cap and gown. I had to wait a few more weeks to see those photos.





My advice to you all who are going to be graduating from university in the next calendar year, is to make sure that you make the most of that VERY special graduation day. It is simply because this is a special occasion you would want to remember as time goes so quickly. This would help you to look back and think 'This is the best day that I will cherish, reflect and remember' and encourages you to recognise this as not just as an academic achievement, but you have officially achieved a university degree for life. Finally, PLEASE PLEASE give yourself lots of time to order your gown, caps and professional photographs before hand, as it would essentially make your day a lot easier. You also do not have to spend ages in the queue, waiting for your photographs to be taken and saves you lots of time.

Love Farrah x

Comments

Popular Posts